Tuesday 1 July 2008

Belonging

This is a photo of me and my entourage before my wedding (my dad is partially obscured on the right). We look good don't we? I was looking through some of these pictures the other day and I realised that this picture describes something of what every person needs; good people to stand behind them and support them in what they're doing and who they are.

It is because of friends like these guys that I was able to do what I did that day. I wouldn't have been able to do it without them as I wouldn't have been the kind of person who could.

This is really what the church is designed to be. A group of people who stand up for the one who falls, picking them up when they fall and shouting them on in encouragement when they need it. When the church does this well it is bound to be a place where there is life and growth. Thank God for His vision of the church and for every place that it is being lived out.

No comments: